Friday, May 14, 2010

How can I recreate this salon look at home?

Yesterday Morning I went and got my hair cut, and this is what it looked like when I left the salon (this is 4 hours later before work, but this was the better picture that I had. ) http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/GenuineEm323/0711081721.jpg





She used a medium round brush, and no product really, just leave in conditioner and a small bit of hair spray on my bangs to keep them in place. I have both these products at home, and the brush and I attempted this this morning after my shower and I couldn't get the same 'rounded' look. I got a 'curl under' but it wasn't just a 'round' look it looked like I just curled the last 2 inches of my hair and was more like a 'hump' than a cruve? I'm not very coordinated with a hair dryer.. and this is my first do that i'm really going to try to keep looking nice. So can someone please help me! :(How can I recreate this salon look at home?
Sorry its never gonna look salon good at home. That is what we ladies aim for and it usually never works. Sorry.How can I recreate this salon look at home?
you do not need much to create that look, and it's not difficult. Practice, though, obviously, and you'll get better. With your round brush, while blow drying, lift directly UP, while curling under, and begin by pointing the dryer directly at the roots and slowly making your way down to the ends, continuing to curl under. This is a little hard to explain, but once you start you will see what I mean. You obtain volume in the roots (and whole hair) by drying the roots first and lifting up. By continuing to curl under with the brush, you simply style your hair while drying it, and cut out a whole lot of unnecessary steps.
pretty hair =)





since its short it will be easy to manage.





first you'll need to purchase a hair product for straightening.


this can either be a gel or a spray. I use a product called STRAIGHT SEXY HAIR and it is available at almost any drugstore (if it isn't, Tressme or Herbal Essences has straightening sprays so just pick one of those.)








1) when you get out of the shower blot your hair dry of any extra water with a towel, dont scrunch it.





2) get two clips and seperate your bottom layer from your upper layer.





3) sorry hun, but that look requires blow drying. (blow dry the bottom first.) get a round brush (a big one) and place it under the inner side of your hair. blow dry while moving the brush throughout the bottom layer and make sure to curl at the tips.





4) do the same thing to the upper layer.





5) straighten any flaws with a straighten.





6) apply extra hold hair spray and you are good to go





good luck =)
  • good toner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment