Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Is there any way I can make my hair look a few shades lighter without dying it at a salon?

My hair is this color:


http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/corbis/DG鈥?/a>





I have a few natural highlights, but I want my hair to look brighter, I want it to be golden brown instead of chocolate colored brown! lol! Is there any way of doing this besides going to a salon to get it dyed or getting that thing where you dye it yourself? Bottom line, I don't want to use dye or anything like that.Is there any way I can make my hair look a few shades lighter without dying it at a salon?
The best I've ever heard on that front is to use lemon juice. I tried it for a week at the beach using one lemon a day and sitting out for about three or four hours in the middle of the day. I got results, but very minimal ones. A friend of mine used a peroxid soaked cotton ball every night before bed to put in highlights, but she had dirty blonde air that lighted to beach blonde over several weeks. This is still an easier feat then lightening burnette hair. Another option that brought out my natual highlights was using brilliant brunette shampoo. Hope that helps!Is there any way I can make my hair look a few shades lighter without dying it at a salon?
I was told to spray lemon juice in my hair before I go in the sun I used to do it when I was young but I cant remember a big difference just more of my natural highlights came out
Well, there are alot of home-salon product which don't require you going to a professional beauty salon. You can always buy Lo'REAL products which can be bought at Wal-Mart. Also, it's easy to apply and easy to buy. Not only is it cheap, it works beautifully. I would know, not that I use it, but my mom does.
Spend some extra time in the sun. Or for UV free results, try some lemon juice or peroxide and 5 to 10 minutes with a blow dryer. Also, products like Sun-In will give you a natural high lighting effect with the help of blowdryer or natural sunshine.
What ever you do PLEASE PLEASE dont dye it. I was just like you. I wanted GOLDEN nice brown hair. But I dyed it and now its ugly redish brown. Its horrible. Please dont dye it. What you can do is go to a drug store they have these Loreal hair dying mouse it comes out in about 7 shampoos. Its in an orange bag. Try getting the one that is to make blonde more blonde. What it will do to you hair is make it a big golden or a lot Im not sure but because the base color is yellow it will add that and make it more golden. Good luck and dont dye it!





**********************************


I forgot some things.


DO NOT USE SUN IT, LEMON, PEROXCIDE or what ever everyone else is say, I have been there done that all it does is make your hair orange.


Because when you dye your hair it fades to a yucky orange you see on some peoplee.
Lemon juice when in the sun will give most people highlights, but I don't know for sure if it will work on really dark hair.
Over the summer my hair gets lighter a lot because of exposure to the sun. Maybe that would work for you.
i'd leave it, i wish i had your haircolor. i decided just this morning i was going to dye my blonde hair just a bit darker, well, it turned out charcoal gray for some reason. whenever i do it myself its always a hit or miss whether its going to come out ok. so $285 later, my hair is fixed, and fried. and don't ever put pure bleach on your hair (one of your comments said that), it will totally ruin your hair.
use sun in.
what i've heard is spray either lemon/lime or beer in your hair and then lay out in the sun


ive seen people and its worked for them
put lemmon juice in it and then go out in the sun. seriously it works, just takes a little time, but in the meantime you smell good, and you'll get a great tan. be careful about sweating and getting it in your eyes tho
put bleach in a sprayer....spray on hair and let it set for about 30 minutes...you got it ...natural looking highlights
orange / lemon / lime etc juice, leave it on then wash it off i guess maybe in a few hours perhaps?
stand out in the sun fry dat ****
I've spritzed my hair with regular peroxide after towel drying. It works well for me.
Try going in the sun alot. THat will naturally bleach it.
You'll have to use dye, but it'll take less than an hour, and less that $10. Nice and Easy has new dye in all shades that has highlights!! I tried it and I love it. I have 3 different shades, but very subtle. I've been wanting to recommend it to someone. Do it, and I guarantee you'll have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment