Friday, May 14, 2010

Leaving the salon looking worse than when I came in?

I have naturally curly hair. I have a very hard time finding someone to not totally screw up the cut. But even someone who does a good job I always (really everytime) I walk out of the salon looking like a complete idiot. They all use a diffuser and a tiny bit of a product and the result is the look of a cartoon caracter who just stuck their finger in an electrical socket. Then they have the nerve to hand me a mirror, to look even closer- as if I couldn't see how awful I look from the large mirror I am sitting in front of. Why do they do this to me? Has any other curly haired person found a solution to this problem?Leaving the salon looking worse than when I came in?
i always have that problem. i asked one of my friends, who is a hairstylist, which would be easier for a person, with thick curly/wavy hair as myself, to get their hair cut. she said that she either sprays it down or cuts it dry, but it is difficult for her.


i've learned to just straighten my hair the night before and get it cut/trimmed the next day. Usually that works for me, but lately when i want to get this one style i always walk out like i just got a mullet. after three years of getting my hair butchered and wearing a hat for a month, i have learned to go to a real salon (that isnt $12) or to a stylist, that ive gone to before, and bring in lots of pictures. explaining how i want it cut, especially for the length and layering.Leaving the salon looking worse than when I came in?
well i have curly hair..


And you could just tell them to style it at the end.. meaning wet it... add some frizz controler.


at hair cuttery they do it without even asking if you want it done.


but i personally tell them to flat iron it at the end when they cut it.


i hope i helped.


if i didnt, sorry for takin up comment space.

No comments:

Post a Comment