Friday, January 22, 2010

Do salon made dreads look clean right away?

I just went to the salon to try and get dreadlocks, but they do not seem to be locking and I spent a pretty penny to get them done. Am I getting ahead of myself and they just need time to lock, or should I go back and complain?Do salon made dreads look clean right away?
yes they need time to lock i know that wait sucks but the outcome if it is something you really want is fantastic just make sure to help it along with wax and other productsDo salon made dreads look clean right away?
Don't complain, 95% of dreads (or locs as I call them) is patience. It takes up to a year or longer to fully loc, depending on your texture, if you have a very course texture it wont take as long, if you have a very loose and soft texture (or straight) it will take a very long time.





Patience and love is all your hair needs.
I also started my locs in a salon with the coil method. This was the end of November, Its now the first week of May and I still have not fully loc'd but they are coming along beautifully.





My locs are healthy , uniform, and growing well. It just takes time and patience. I go thru an 'ugly' week just before its time for me to head back to the salon but its a price worth paying for the other couple of weeks.





Hang in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment