Friday, January 22, 2010

Haircut looks like split ends from crown to ends (just layered according to salon!)?

I'm new to this - not sure how to reply to the kind people who replied to me but... Thank you! I can't believe I let my colorist talk me into going dark from very highlighted and into getting a cut from someone who did this to me... Of course, it really is just a matter of time (long hair = 2 years?) but the salon agreed to 2 cuts with the ';creative director.'; He thinks I need to forget about trimming for a few months or I'll miss my length too much. (Not that that will fix the overall look of breakage!!!) Why oh why didn't I just get a touch up on my highlights?!! Now I'm dark and shredded! I think I'm too damaged to fix the color anytime soon either ;( Even friends don't seem to appreciate how awful having my hair messed up makes me feel... I do appreciate this forum!Haircut looks like split ends from crown to ends (just layered according to salon!)?
what you could do to give back your hair as much strength as possible use eggs as a hair mask the yolk will give back essential lipids and the placenta will just add elasticity that is essential to prevent more breakage and good advice to you my friend cut it as short as possible as soon as possible you need to start over you f--ked up my friend and need to pay the price.the thing is the more you style your hair to make it look healthy the more you break it and the pattern will go on and on for years believe me i went from have 2 feet hair to having a cut that had a shaved nape, it was hard but now my hair is gorgeous...Haircut looks like split ends from crown to ends (just layered according to salon!)?
First and foremost, seek a different salon professional's advice. Your hair may be layered, but if your ends are splitting there are a few things that may have caused that.





Your stylist may have used a razor to cut your hair. If this was done, some hair types are likely to look split-ended or frizzy. Coarse, thick hair or very curly hair is likely to do this. So will hair that has been damaged by chemical treatments (such as bleach highlighting). If your stylist did not use a razor or thinning (toothed)shears, it is more likely that your hair is extremely damaged from the chemical lightening process it has been through.





As far as fixing this... time is the best cure. However, a few things may help ease the pain. Try deep conditioning your ends (about two inches away from your scalp to the tips) with a repairing conditioner. Try Broccatto Cloud 9 (available in salons)or ask a salon professional for a similar product. Treat your hair every time you shampoo it (at least twice a week). You might also try a clear shine gloss treatment. This is a no ammonia, damage-free gloss treatment that seals the hair, thus adding shine and likely reducing the frizz, split look.





Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment