Friday, January 22, 2010

I would like to know, what are people are looking for in a hair salon that would actually make them want to go

I am trying to find out what attracts people to a hair salon.I would like to know, what are people are looking for in a hair salon that would actually make them want to go
Hair cuts





No seriously, there are four things that will bring me back to a salon.


1. A good haircut, I can't believe how many stylists do really rushed crappy jobs, f* up my hair once, I won't be back


2. A friendly place to go. I am made to feel comfortable from the moment I walk in, everyone says hi, you are included in conversations, there are good magazines (not just Hair mags) and you are offered refreshment (coffee, water, tea). These little things go a long way to bringing people back. It is unbelievable to me how many places let you wait forever and then you are treated rudely to boot.


3. Not waiting forever because the stylist overbooked and/or night hours. I work during the day, how the heck can I get my haircut while I'm at work? I am always suprised when salons lock up at 5 pm and good luck trying to get a Sat morning appointment.


4. A fair price for the service.I would like to know, what are people are looking for in a hair salon that would actually make them want to go
I look at a number of aspects. First, I look for highly trained professionals. I pay close attention to clients that regularly go to that shop to see if their hair is not only pretty when styled, but also healthy. I pay attention to the styling products chosen by the salon, overall cleanliness of the shop, and prices. If you're a shop owner trying to attract new clients, try advertising a special where you can get one service (color, trim, etc.) free when you get your hair done, for a limited time of course. If there is a kitchen facility in the building, sell food. People like to be able to eat without leaving to get food. Add a playroom for clients that must bring their children. It's not so much about the appearance, but what's offered. We are naturally lazy to a certain extent and love those ';one stop shops'; where you can get more than one thing accomplished at a time.
Cleanliness, prices
Hot looking hair stylist's.
a nice cool place to kick-it with friendly people.
trying to look nice


impress people


don't know how to style their hair themselves


take your pick
Reputation. Pampering. I want a salon that makes me feel like I am important when I go in. Don't rush me through the process. My salon offers a glass of wine, water, tea, etc. I get a scalp massage during the conditioning treatment along with a hot steamed towel wrap. During the blow out I receive a hand massage. Best of all, no tipping...it's included.
good prices.
nice outer appearance, kind helpful employees that you can talk to while they are doing your hair, good end result, and good service!
I hate to admit this, but when I see reputable name brand shampoos and conditioners advertised OR on the shelves I just assume that it is a good salon. Cleanliness is important to. Use black and keep it modern.
its not the salon .. its the hair stylist


a salon is just a building


a GOOD stylist.. is priceless
Topless service.
I like when the salon looks like they've got their stuff in order. All stylists should obviously be well trained, also well groomed themselves.
In order of importance:





1. Price





2. Hours of operations %26amp; flexibility (late nights, early mornings, weekends/Sundays, etc)





3. Low turnover of staff (ie. it means a lot when the same people have worked there for years and they're not just hiring and firing all the time)





4. Specialties (ie. what they have to offer, such as coloring, highlighting, hair care products, etc)





5. Friendliness





6. Cleanliness





7. Willingness to understand customer concerns, provide money back for doing a bad job (which shouldn't happen anyways), and basically doing anything to keep their customers





8. Good location (near other places they'll have to stop by later (ie. grocery store, kids' school, home, etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment