Friday, January 22, 2010

I am looking to dye my hair at home rather than use a salon due to the fact i am currently out of work?

i have blonde highlights and light brown low lights and just want to maybe use a very light brown hair dye. However i am worried about doing this with my current highlights but my roots are very visable and i want to get them disguised as cheaply as possible due to my current money situation. Is there any hair colour brands i can use with the bleach?I am looking to dye my hair at home rather than use a salon due to the fact i am currently out of work?
Miss C....





As long as it has been at least 8 weeks since you last colored your hair, you can use any kind of at home coloring products that don't contain henna. I would also recommend going to a more neutral shade that is either closer in tone to your low-lights or in between the two shades. There are some great tools out there to help you pick the best shade for you. The one I used when I decided to start coloring my hair at home (also out of work) is the L'Oreal Paris Shade finder:





http://www.lorealparisusa.com/_us/_en/de鈥?/a>





I ended up using Feria #72 Caramel Kiss. It was easy, natural looking, and dimensional too. I was really happy with my results. Sephora also has a new line of at home hair color from Frederic Fekkai, but I haven't tried those.





Good Luck!I am looking to dye my hair at home rather than use a salon due to the fact i am currently out of work?
Loreal Creme Cast - trust me, it works miracles.


My hair went orange when I wanted light brown in a salon. I went to boots, got me some Loreal Creme Cast (it was 6 pounds) and POOF my hair was fixed. The colours offered are glossy, rich and the dye actually improved the condition of my hair. I have used it 7 times since; however, it is only semi-permenant.


Loreal do do many lightening products, which are also good and cheap, but they all have bleach in them. Bleaching is the only way to lighten hair, though if you put lemon in your hair and go out in sun it should lighten quite a fair bit. :)
Shouldn't have dyed your hair in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment