Friday, January 22, 2010

Is it wise or even possible to just go into a hair salon and say, ';Do whatever you think looks good!';?

Because I am totally stripped for ideas. I have no idea what hair looks good for my face shape, and I'm really weird about how my hair looks in general. Can I just go into a hair salon and do that? Is it better to do it in some salons and not a good idea to do it in others?





Just as a side note, I have a round face. I like experimenting with things, but I don't know what to avoid and what to lean towards. I would very much like a unique hairstyle, along with maybe a splatter of bright, almost neon, unnatural color. My style could be described as goth, scene, or emo.





And I'm sick and tired of having such a boring hairstyle!





Any ideas?Is it wise or even possible to just go into a hair salon and say, ';Do whatever you think looks good!';?
i have done that.





I have been disappointed a lot, but VERY happy once. so i keep going back to that stylist.





Tell them you want to know what hair style/shape would look good with your face.








If your face is round, you would probably look good with an angular cut or even asymmetrical cut, not a cut that goes around the face like an oval portrait frame.Is it wise or even possible to just go into a hair salon and say, ';Do whatever you think looks good!';?
It depends on how much you know your stylist. If you trust her and she knows your lifestyle, you can say that. If you're new to her, have a consultation with her, tell her what you like, and have her show you examples of what she thinks would look good on you with a look book.
They're saying that says that ';never ask the hairdresser if you need a haircut!'; or any hari advei I know its ironic but consider it before you tell the hairdresser how and if you should cut your hair!
I do that all the time!! Just make sure it is a quality salon not like great clips or something. The stylist will probably go over her ideas with you before she does anything so it's not like you will end up with a mohawk or green hair. unless that is what you're into.jk:)
if thats what you think.
GO FOR IT, you only live once. and hair will grow out. I always say that, I am a guy, but threw the years, I have had all sorts of hair cuts and styles, and even once she highlighted my hair, I was never dissapointed. I know a great hair dresser in Poway Ca. that the only way she does hair is that way, nobody tells her what they want, and they never complain, and she is always booked solid
that's what I do sometimes, but I'm a guy with fairly short hair so I'm sure it's a lot different.
You sound like the daring and adventurous type but you still might end up regretting that approach. Have you been going to the same stylist for a while? If s/he is knowledgeable then you could have great results. If it were me I'd bring in a few photos and have some idea of what exciting new cut that you want;)
you know, if you walked into a salon and the person cutting hair just got her license to cut hair, and you say to her,'; just go ahead and cut my hair that makes me look good';, then that person might end up giving you a mohawk or what not, and she might say something like, ';oH.... you're a girl. so sorry, i didn't mean to do it like that. i thought u were a little boi.';





and that might ruin your life like for good. don't make it hard on you. go to a professional, and spend some cash where you know they will do a good job.





go with your friends who you think have decent hair cuts, and get a real cut, go where everyone goes. don't go to places where you have bunch of guys cuttin hair. you will end up with a guy cut.
Well, I suppose if you like surprises it should work out just fine...
i would say if you are truly open to ANYTHING it is a good idea.. otherwise no, unless you really know and trust your stylist. I did that once at a glam salon on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills... wound up looking like a Prince reject with a big curly poof-ball for bangs and a buzz cut on the back.





CAUTION!
If you have a stylist that you trust and knows your style you can easily ask them to suggest a new look for you. I do that now all the time when I get my hair done. I'll tell her I am feeling like going shorter or darker or different highlights and she makes suggestions. I don't give up all control but she definitely makes suggestions to give me what I want and make it work with my face.





It would be a little harder if you are trying a new salon. When I try a new place out, I always look for someone that seems to have a similar style (not just hair) to me.
id bring in a ton of pictures of hair you like and then they could tell you what would look best.


go here: http://www.hairscene.net/female-page/


theres a million pictures you can look at and print

No comments:

Post a Comment